Hey, everyone. Autumn is already here, how are you enjoying this beautiful weather so far? Halloween is in the next month, and then Thanksgiving….. 2016 will end very soon, are you ready for 2017?
Couple weeks ago, I suddenly missed Asian food so bad. Usually trying to make Asian food is pretty expensive, but this ‘Sweet and Sour Crispy Tofu’ is not at all: ) And of course, it’s super delicious. My husband was in love with this meal, so I had to make it again a few days later… lol
The taste is just AMAZING! Make sure you serve it hot and fresh, because of the crispy tofu. I enjoyed every bite of how crispy the Tofu was. And to make this meal ‘Sweet and Sour Crispy Tofu’, you only need a few ingredients. You should try it! You and your family will enjoy this dish : ) Let me know how did you enjoy this ‘Sweet and Sour Crispy Tofu’.
Ingredients (4 Servings)
One 14 oz block Extra firm Tofu
1 Red bell pepper and chopped into bite size
1 green pepper cored and chopped into bite size
2tbsp vegetable oil
Cornstarch for dusting
For the Sweet and Sour Sauce:
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1tbso soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1/3 cup water
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce until sugar has dissolved in a bowl.
- Drain Tofu and wrap in paper towel to remove excess water. Repeat until Tofu is drier (Approximately 3-4 times). Then slice Tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Dust Tofu with Cornstarch until all sides are well coated.
- In a large pan over high heat, add oil and tofu and fry until all sides are slightly golden. Set aside the Tofu.
- Add red and green pepper to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, until pepper have softened.
- Return Tofu to the pan, add sauce and stir until Tofu and bell peppers are coated.
If you have any questions, leave me a comment below. I’m happy to hear from you. Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? No problem, send the link to them or invite them to my blog : )
Want to check my healthy recipes?—> More Recipes
♡♡Return to Home page
♡♡Contact with Anna